Make guacamole, queso, mole, and other appetizers fun with the Guacamole Molcajete and Tortilla Basket from Verve Culture! Made from volcanic stone, this mortar and pestle style molcajete is ideal for grinding and releasing oils and flavors from vegetables and spices, picking up flavors over time (like cast iron!) and enhancing any food you're working with. It's durable for decades of use, great as a gift, and comes with a tortilla basket made from palm leaves for corn chips or tortillas. Don't forget – this molcajete needs to be cured or broken in before the first use. Read the "product care" instructions below!
- Weight: 6 pounds Size: 7 x 7 x 4 inches
100% volcanic stone, handwoven palm leaves
- Mortar and pestle guacamole molcajete for grinding and serving dips and other appetizers
- Rough surface made from volcanic stone grinds and releases oils and flavors from vegetables and spices
- Oven safe and retains heat to keep food warm, includes tortilla basket as well
- Handwash. Oven safe. Molcajetes need to be cured, or “broken in”. Small grains of the rock can loosen from the surface when it’s first used, giving your food a gritty texture. Curing helps smooth the surface. To cure before first use: Rinse the molcajete with water (or let soak in water overnight), then clean with a wire brush, or toothbrush, to get rid of surface debris and dust. Place enough rice to make an even layer across the bottom of the molcajete. Pour in about a tablespoon of water, then use the pestle to work the rice up and around the entire inner surface of the molcajete until the rice has formed a grey paste. Rinse out the paste, and repeat the rice grinding until the resulting paste is no longer grey. You can then repeat with garlic, onion, cumin seeds, rock salt, or cilantro to add a seasoned flavor before your first use.
- 30 Days
Why people love Viablee
Ask a Question
Because every item comes with
SHIPPING WITHIN THE U.S?
YOU'RE ELIGIBLE FOR FAST SHIPPING!